1 in 7 kids go to school hungry
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. It sets our kids up to concentrate, learn and be at their best – but unfortunately not all children are able to start the day with breakfast at home.
The School Breakfast Clubs program is an initiative of the Victorian Government in partnership with Foodbank Victoria. The program is delivering healthy breakfast foods to 500 of the most disadvantaged primary schools across Victoria.
Breakfast clubs are helping to improve student learning, engagement and attendance. And with volunteers required to supervise and assist, the program is also nourishing connections between students, teachers, parents and other members of their communities. You can find a list of schools in need of additional School Breakfast Club volunteers here.
View the map below to find participating schools or click here.
- School Breakfast Clubs information flyer
- Evaluation of the School Breakfast Clubs Program – Interim Report April 2017
- Evaluation of the School Breakfast Clubs Program – Interim Report March 2018
- Foodbank Hunger in the Classroom Report May 2015
- Foodbank Hunger Report 2017 – full report
- Foodbank Hunger Report 2017 – snapshot
- Victorian Department of Education and Training