Our Farms to Families program ensures that people experiencing food insecurity have access to healthy, nutritious produce in their communities.
Working with our charity and funding partners, we provide a welcoming space in the form of a pop-up farmers’ market to provide free fresh produce – including vegetables, fruit and dairy products.
Each market can provide up to 300 families with enough fresh food for a week.
For people experiencing financial hardship or geographical isolation, fresh produce is a luxury. Reliance on cheap, energy-dense, nutrient-poor food leads to further inequity in already disadvantaged communities.
Our Farms to Families program aims to:
- increase access to healthy, nutritious produce
- provide an environment that fosters community connectivity and inclusion
- help bridge the gap in perishable food relief programs
- assist charities to expand their food relief reach and impact
- support the Australian agriculture industry
- contribute to a more sustainable environment by redirecting perishable food away from landfill.