Foodbank Victoria relies heavily on the individuals, groups and corporations who volunteer their time and skills to help us service the community in our food relief efforts.
As demand for our service grows, your support is critical to our success. In the 2014-15 financial year, 33,502 hours were donated by volunteers. We simply could not operate without volunteer support.
Our requirements see us offering a range of volunteering opportunities, such as:
- Corporate Groups – help us to distribute over 39,000 meals every day.
- Individuals – use your skills and experience across the organisation.
- Events – combine volunteering with raising funds and awareness for food insecurity.
Our corporate volunteer experience will allow you to make a meaningful contribution, gain new skills or put old ones to good use. It is a fun day out and a great way to develop cohesion within your team.
“I actively promote this volunteering channel to all staff in my team. I’ve nothing but positive feedback from my staff who have been able to volunteer at Foodbank Victoria. It is a wonderful organisation and we will continue to support your cause.”
– Cainnon, ANZ Bank
Here is a snapshot of what your corporate volunteering day will look like:
- 9am start at our warehouse in Yarraville.
- Information session on arrival – this outlines Foodbank Victoria’s role in the food relief sector, your team’s plan for the day then a brief-but-important safety discussion before we set you to work!
- 4-5 hour shift on the warehouse floor. You’ll be on the front line packing food for our partner organisations.
- Regular breaks including a 30-minute lunch. Light refreshments can be organised through local caterers (costs apply).
- The day generally wraps up around 3pm (depending on the workload).
To check volunteering availability and register your interest, please email our team.
Foodbank Victoria is a multi-faceted organisation. We utilise the valuable help of individual volunteers in all aspects of our work. Some of these include:
- Warehousing and logistics.
- Administration and data management.
- Design and information systems.
- Helping out at events.
Whatever your skills and availability we would love to hear from you! Our regular volunteering days are Monday to Friday between 9:00am and 4:00pm.
“Just emailing to say thank you to Foodbank Victoria today for a wonderful morning of volunteering at Run Melbourne. Your staff were incredibly kind and caring and the other members of the volunteer group were so warm as well. They all made for a very fun morning.”
– Alice, community volunteer
To register your interest in volunteering, please complete our individual volunteering form.
You can also download our Volunteering program flyer at the following link.
P: 03 9362 8300