Volunteering your time and skills is an amazing gift to your community.
At Foodbank, we rely heavily on individuals and corporate groups to help us provide food relief to thousands of Victorians each day.
Foodbank’s award-winning volunteering program provides opportunities for individuals and corporate groups to volunteer in a variety of ways.
- Warehouse volunteering – Each weekday, a number of our regular volunteers are assisted by a group of corporate volunteers to pick and pack orders placed by our charity partners. In addition to picking orders, warehouse volunteers may also be required to do other tasks such as sorting food and packing emergency relief hampers.
- Community events – Foodbank is occasionally invited to be a charity partner at community festivals, conferences and sporting events. While tasks vary depending on the event, volunteers may be required to staff an information stand, hand out materials about Foodbank, act as a cheer squad or collect donations.
- Skilled volunteering – Where possible, Foodbank will match individuals wanting to lend their experience and skills to specific projects or tasks. This might include administrative tasks, writing or design, event organising, IT improvements or strategy development.
- School Breakfast Clubs – This program is managed by individual schools participating in the School Breakfast Clubs Check for opportunities here.
- Warehouse volunteering – Each weekday, a group of up to nine corporate volunteers assist our regular volunteers to pick and pack orders placed by our charity partners. In addition to picking orders, warehouse volunteers may also be required to do other tasks such as sorting food and packing emergency relief hampers.
- Farms to Families markets – These pop-up markets are funded and staffed by our corporate partners and held at charity partner sites. With up to 200 families per market being provided with a week’s worth of fresh produce and dairy products, it’s a great opportunity for volunteers to see firsthand how their support is making a difference.