Foodbank accepts donations of any food that is fit for human consumption, including:
- Product close to ‘Best Before’ or ‘Use By’ date
- Excess and slow moving stock or deleted lines
- Product that is incorrectly labelled or has no label
- Product with damaged packaging
- Sample size and bulk produce
- Ingredients and finished products that fall outside of specification
As Foodbank caters for a wide range of needs, we also accept personal products (e.g. shampoo, soap, toothpaste, sanitary items), household products (e.g. laundry detergent and cleaning products) and pet food. In fact, we welcome any product you find in your average kitchen, bathroom or laundry.
Donors may be anyone in the supply chain, including :
- Primary producers
- Warehouses and distribution centres
- Wholesalers, agents and importers
- Retailers and provedores
Foodbank looks to develop relationships at all levels of an organisation and establish key contacts across all divisions, business units and production facilities. The aim is to identify every opportunity for food donations within the company.
All donations are covered by ‘Good Samaritan’ legislation which protects companies and individuals from liability who donate and distribute food in good faith.
All donations are fully tax deductible.
Donating reduces the cost of dumping, transport and administration.
Making a Food Donation
If you are interested in donating food please complete the Donate Food form or contact our team on the details below.
Phone: 03 9362 8300