Food drives are a great way for individuals, schools, clubs, organisations and companies to help supply the non-perishable items that are always needed by Foodbank.
If you are interested in holding a food drive please contact our office and we can help organise.
Coordinating a Food Drive
- Set things up
- obtain strong collection containers (medium sized cardboard boxes that weigh 10kgs when filled are the most manageable)
- properly identify them
- place them in highly visible places that are convenient for people to donate.
- Be flexible
- Food and funds are equally important contributions. You may like to promote the option of donating funds along with your food drive. Simply ask people to make cheques out to Foodbank Victoria or encourage them to visit our website to make a secure online donation.
- Arrange for transportation
- a big part of organising a food drive is getting the food to Foodbank. Our warehouse is located in Yarraville or if your collection is particularly large, we may be able to coordinate a pickup.
- We can help provide you with promotional and marketing material for your Food Drive including posters, balloons and informational brochures on Foodbank Victoria.
- We may also be able to provide you with collection containers to assist you with your food drive. We have a range of sizes that are suitable for office receptions, work floors or even shopping centres.
Virtual Food Drive
You could also hold a virtual food drive at the same time as you are collecting items for Foodbank. Just click on the link below and you can shop in our virtual store – choosing items to donate and making a financial donation when you check out.
Remember with every $1 donated we can source and distribute $8 worth of food, allowing us to stretch your donation further and feed more people. For example, a $25 donation is the equivalent of $200 worth of food for people in need.