Our Farms to Families® program ensures that foods of high nutritional value are delivered to the most disadvantaged people more consistently.
The program helps to
- Bridge the current gap in emergency food relief
- Assist welfare agencies to expand their food relief reach and impact
- Support the Australian agriculture industry
- Financially contribute to individual farmers for their otherwise unsaleable produce
- Contribute to a more sustainable environment by redirecting this fresh food away from landfill
The program provides people with direct access to fresh produce through a farmers’ market style environment within their community.
The markets not only provide a variety and range of fresh produce that the recipients often can’t afford but it creates community connectivity and destigmatises the need to seek food relief. Our Farms to Families® program gives people access to fresh and nutritious food in a meaningful and non-threatening way that maintains dignity and fosters connectivity with their community.
Each of the Pop Up Farmers’ Markets is staffed by Foodbank and its community and corporate volunteers.
With the introducti
on of Farms to Families®, Foodbank Victoria is able to ensure that foods of high nutritional value are delivered to the most disadvantaged people on a more frequent and consistent basis.
Your support will enable us to continue our crucial work ensuring everyone in Victoria has access to the fresh food they need to be healthy and connected members of their communities.
Asha attends our Farms to Families® program – Read her full story.
You can also download the Farms to Families® program flyer at the following link.