We rely heavily on the individuals, community and corporate groups who volunteer their time and skills to help us service the community in our food relief efforts.
As demand for our service grows, your support is critical to our success. In the 2014-15 financial year, 33,502 hours of support was donated by volunteers. We simply could not operate without your support. 2014-15 volunteers
Please have a look at the below video, made by two of our volunteers, which describes what to expect when volunteering at Foodbank Victoria. More information on volunteering as a corporate group or individual can be found below as well as a form to complete to register your interest.
Our corporate volunteer experience will allow you to make a meaningful contribution, gain new skills or put old ones to good use, meet new people and help us to distribute food for 39,553 meals every day.
It’s also a great way to build staff morale and an excellent team building exercise.
Signing up to be part of our corporate volunteer program can include the following benefits for your business:
- Information session on arrival
- 4-5 hour shift for your staff on the warehouse floor. Timings vary depending on daily work availability, approximately 9:00am-3:00pm
- Light refreshments can be organised through local caterers (costs apply)
- Volunteer certificate and team photo
- Opportunity to attend other FBV events throughout the year
- Monthly volunteer e-news, keeping you up to date and promoting the involvement of your business and staff
- Business name listed on the Corporate Volunteers page, please click here to view
- Annual visit from an FBV staff representative to talk about the impact of your support in your workplace
There are also opportunities to volunteer as an individual. Our volunteering days are Monday to Friday between 9:00am and 4:00pm. Currently our volunteer work is done at our warehouse and office in Yarraville, but there are events and other opportunities that come up from time to time. Please complete the registration form below.
There are also many other ways you can help support our work.
If you are able to, you could make a financial donation to help us feed the 108,000 Victorians we feed each year, please click here.
Are you from a School? Email us at ua.gr1464174059o.ari1464174059otciv1464174059knabd1464174059oof@o1464174059fni1464174059 to find out how you can come and learn more about Foodbank Victoria.
For any employment opportunities, please see our employment page for any current vacancies.
To register your interest in volunteering with us please complete the Volunteering Form here.
P: 03 9362 8300